The mission of The International Academy of Endodontics is to improve the oral health of the public by promoting the highest quality of non-commercial endodontic and scientific continuing education for its membership. .......our members seek out speakers from many areas in biology, medicine and dentistry who are exceptional leaders in their field. The goal of the meeting is to provide advanced knowledge and understanding, to give inspiration through basic science and clinical leadership, and to provide serious mentorship for all attendees.
2019 IAE Meeting: Highlight of Speakers and Topics
Long Essay Presentations
Dr. Rahim Karmali, DDS
Acute Myofascial Pain and the Endodontic Connection
- Dr. Karmali Received his DDS degree from Washington Univerisity and trained at VA Long Beach for postgraduate Endodontics.
- Dr. Karmali is the immediate past president of IAE and practices in Denver, CO. He is one of the top speakers in non-odontogenic pain.
- Visit Dr. Karmali's website
Dr. Charles Goodacre
The Restoration of Endodontically Treated Teeth
- Dr. Goodacre received his DDS degree from Loma Linda University School of Dentistry in 1971. He completed a three year combined program in Prosthodontics and Dental Materials at Indiana University School of Dentistry and in 1974 earned his MSD degree.
- Understands patient-centered outcomes and the relationship between high-quality endodontics and high-quality restorative dentistry.
- Read more about Dr. Goodacre
Dr. Steven Goldstein
Update on Digital Dentistry
- Dr. Goldstein went to Georgetown and completed the Perio-Pros at Penn.
- Digital dentistry; what works and what doesn’t.
- We need the human element to finish restorations as well as humans to tell the machines what to do! Crowns do not make themselves!
- Visit Dr. Goldstein's website
Dr. Rick Roblee
Surgically Facilitated Orthodontic Treatment
- Dr. Roblee is one of the most knowledgeable clinicians providing surgically facilitated orthodontic treatment. He practiced as a general dentist prior to training in orthodontics.
- He is the author of numerous publications and videos, including a textbook entitled “Interdisciplinary Dentofacial Therapy: A Comprehensive Approach to Optimal Patient Care” (Quintessence Publishing Co., Inc.).
- He is an active member of the American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics and the American Academy of Restorative Dentistry.
- Dr. Roblee is the current President of the American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry, which is limited to the top 100 worldwide leaders in Esthetic Dentistry.
- Visit Dr. Roblee's website
Dr. Sander Greenland
Epidemiological review of Nutrition
- Dr. Greenland is a statistician and epidemiologist and well known for his work in nutrition.
- He’s known for his work in meta-analysis, Bayesian and causal inference.
- Find out more about Dr. Greenland via his faculty page at UCLA.
- Read more about Dr. Greenland
Dr. Paul Chang
Artificial Intelligence and Radiographic Review
- BA from Harvard, MD from Stanford and MS degree in Engineering-Economic Systems.
- Dr. Chang is a radiologist and an internationally recognized authority in the field of imaging informatics (which is the science of processing data for storage and retrieval) and artificial intelligence.
- Read more about Dr. Chang from his faculty page at the University of Chicago.
Short Essay Presentations
Steve Delgado, DDS
Roberto De Guevara, OTR, MSc
John Hatton, DMD & Craig Rhodes, DMD
Perception / Eye Tracking
Jason Joe, DDS
Mark Parhar, DMD, MSc